1. Love for yourself.
How to get out of depression on your own? Just learning to love yourself – you need to understand that we are not perfect. There is not a single person on Earth who has never experienced failure, has not been disgraced, has not made mistakes. This does not mean you can be lazy, everyone achieves certain goals, one must rejoice and praise oneself at all the stages overcome. Learning to love yourself is easier to go forward and, perhaps, one day achieve the desired goal, which drove you into depression.
2. Health. It is impossible to cope with depression on your own without changing the quality of life. Pay attention to how much you sleep – if you get less sleep than the recommended norm, then no matter how hard you try, if you don’t get enough sleep, you will feel tired, and accordingly, you will perceive what is happening badly. It is necessary to reduce the pressure, try to alternate work and rest, use your days off to relax. Perhaps you might have been wanting to make a trip and getaway somewhere for a bit: then put away all your affairs for later and go on a trip, even for a few days, it will make you feel much better and you’ll notice it.
3. Creativity. Maybe you could try to pay attention to any kind of creative activity (it is easy to become a fan of at least one of them), like: drawing, knitting, sewing and so on. These are good distractions: uniqueness in any form is in fashion, so it will not be difficult to find yourself. Anyone can pull themselves out and help themselves. To do a non-repeatable thing, to be proud of yourself – won’t this help you to be saved and change your dull mood to a positive one?
4. Group lessons. The way out of depression with the participation of support groups and workshops held within their framework will be faster and more effective, because at meetings it is easy to get to know people, learning whose stories you will think: “Hm, I’m not so bad.” If you can’t get rid of depression on your own, and you don’t want to go to a psychologist, like-minded people will help you get out of the depression – they will cope, and then you will succeed.
What not to do:
- Trying to drink or seize experiences — falling into the clutches of another addiction, it is easy to become a hostage and then self-help with depression will definitely not help.
- Trying to take out anger by being rude or injuring someone — the ways to get out of depression are different, among them there is a cry and strength, but we are talking about shouting somewhere in nature, and beating a punching bag or pillow.
- Thoughtlessly take antidepressants — we must remember that they help to remove the symptoms, nevertheless they do not fight the causes and essence of the problem.